Friday, February 17, 2006

Freezerburn

It finally stopped snowing around midnight last night. I did get a call shortly after 10 pm to come in and work today. So much for all my plans of housecleaning. Oh well, you gotta be a team player. The windchill was horrific today. I fueled up just before I had my lunchbreak. When I got home for lunch, I checked the weather and it was 12 degrees with a windchill of 6 below zero. No wonder I thought my teeth were going to shatter when I was fueling up. As I type this now, it's 6 below zero with a windchill of 28 degrees below zero. I can't tell you how much that stinks to go outside right now. I will have to take the Gnomes out for one last time and they are going to hate me for it.
The Boyfiend made it into town around noon today, so he just beat the worst of it before it got super cold outside. He is not home for long, though, as he has to leave again tomorrow. Maybe next weekend we will have a Valentines Day dinner. It just wasn't in the stars to work out this weekend. I didn't get him the spatula yet, as I didn't want to go out in this weather to do any shopping. He got me a beautiful heart shaped pendant with mother of pearl, diamonds and rubies or garnets. It's quite lovely, I just need to get a thicker chain before I wear it out, the chain is a little to thin for my taste and I would be in fear of it breaking and losing the pendant. It was a really nice surprise and something I will always treasure.

No comments: