Monday, January 16, 2006

Just a Couple Updates

I thought I would talk about some things that I haven't mentioned for a while and get caught up, in no particular order:
I was able to finally give The Grace Hat to the recipient, a disabled person who rides my bus and didn't have a hat at all. She seemed very happy with it, Thank God!
The Hairpin Lace Scarf was shipped off the day after it was made to my Oldest Brother's Wife. She liked it a lot, it looks nice with her brown suede coat. I didn't want to say anything on the blog until I was sure she had received it, as she has been known to read this blog.
I haven't finished The Kitty Hat, I have to figure out where I put the gosh durn flippin bag with the hat and yarn!
I am still fighting this annoying cough, it just won't seem to let up.
I have been working on a felting project. I had a hard time trying to get the sweaters to felt properly. I don't have a washer or dryer so I was sloushing them around in the kitchen sink. I think they may be alright. Right now, they are in a dryer at the Laundromat, so I will know the results in about 20 minutes. If the sweaters felted down the way they are supposed to, I will be using one of them to make a dog sweater for a Doxie, owned by a librarian. I think it has been a fun project so far, but I don't think I would recommend doing this without a washer, my fingertips are just about raw from agitating the sweaters with my hands. Next time, I will either do this at the Laundromat, or wear some sort of gloves.

No comments: