Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Buttons and Clouds

I wanted to post some pictures of my succesful handspun yarn to date.  The first yarn I made was with buttons.  I was really obsessed with this idea for some reason.  So, here are the fruits of my labor of love.  After I finally got the button idea out of my system, I moved on to super thick and thin yarn.                     
                                          
What Lost Buttons Dream Of...
2-ply, 5 ounces, 70 yards.  One ply has a core of crochet thread with buttons pre-loaded before spinning.  The Other ply is slightly thinner and was spun normal, no core.  Spun and plied on Penguin Quill Wheel Jun 27-29, 2008




Partly Cloudy
Handspun yarn, 2-ply, Corriedale-cross. White single has very large fuffy sections with no twist alternating with very thin with heavy twist. Blue single was Kool-Aid dyed with a little bit thick and thin. Unbalanced plying, alternating between the two. 63 yards, weight is 2.9 ounces. Dyed, then spun and plied on a Penguin Quill Wheel. July 10-17, 2008 

I have made other singles, quite a few, nothing that really jumps out like those two, so far.  But I am hoping that shortly, I will have another one to add, already named "TigerLilly".  Stay tuned.....


No comments: