Thursday, January 05, 2006

Spa+Yarn=Not Much Done


I went t o visit my brother at his hotel room this evening. They have a spa there, so we ended up making two visits to the spa before the night was over. I was hoping the hot water and steam would drive this cough out of me, but no dice. It was very relaxing anyway.
I brought the winning ball of orange yarn with me and my hairpin lace frame. There is a nice, comfy recliner in his room, so I put my feet up and worked on my hairpin lace while The Bro sat at a small table and did his paperwork. We got considerable amounts of yapping done also. The Bro's hobby is working on The Family genealogy, so he gave me the rundown on the newest information he had gathered about our Bloodline. He is going to start archiving the photographs and copies of photos and portraits in his collection. It's amazing how much information he has been able to gather in the last three years.
So anyhow, I was busy using my hairpin lace frame for my first project. I did practice with it once before, but didn't actually make anything other then a panel. It really is coming along nice and I think I will be doing this more often in the future. I feel like it's something that you can pick up and put down and not worry about loosing stitches. Right now there is 100 loops on each side of the frame. I think that is about the right length and I can start on another panel.

No comments: