Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Popcorn, Anyone?

Ah, today was a nice day. I got to sleep in this morning. then we went for a ride to check up on The Boyfiends parents in Rapid River. We brought Barney with, he really enjoys the car ride and having the Grandparents fuss over him. We also brought them some groceries, but I didn't have to deal with that, The Boyfiend went shopping while I was just getting up and dressed. That is one thing I really don't like to do, grocery shopping. Once in a while I will find some enjoyment, maybe if there is something special I want to prepare, but usually I hate going to the grocery store. I really don't like to go anywhere but St. Vinnies and sometimes to Goodwill. Everything else is too crowded and a rip off as far as I am concerned. Oh, and the Yarn and Fabric stores. Those are all right in my book too. But that is basically it in the shopping area. I can remember hearing about these places that you grocery shop at online and they deliver the groceries to your house and thought that was the stupidest thing in the world and those people must be so lazy. Now, I understand. They just either don't have the time, or like me, just hate going to the cold, cramped grocery store. It seems that everything I want off the shelves are either being blocked by a person, their cart, or they quit carrying it or making it. I imagine these people at the manufacturing plant rubbing their hands together and saying with great glee "Oh boy, people reeeaallly like this stuff, we better quit making it as fast as possible, we wouldn't want them to actually enjoy one of our products." I like Cinnabon popcorn. I think the next time I want to get a box of it, there will be a guy in a dark glasses with a trenchcoat, hanging around the microwave popcorn isle. He'll be like "Pssst, hey you, you lookin' for some popcorn? I got the good stuff here. Cinnabon popcorn, not even past the expiration date." He'll flash open his trenchcoat and sneak me a box out of a secret inner pocket while I palm him a 5 dollar bill.
I hope it doesn't come to that, but deep down, I believe it will. Pretty soon Trenchcoat Man will be the only place to go for the good stuff like Magic Shell topping for icecream, Cinnabon popcorn and real Orange Crush.

No comments: