Friday, January 20, 2006

The Longest Day

Today was a very long day at work. i started at 6:30am, got done around 10am, went back at 5:30pm and finished around 9pm. I was happy that the roads were dry and bare. There had been a treat of snow showers, and to the south of us, they really got blasted with snow. The Boyfiend was driving through that blizzard and said that there were many accidents and totaled out vehicles along the highway.
I didn't get any crocheting done, but I did do a few other things. I went to the Goodwill store and also to St. Vinnies. I bought a really cute purse and a few scarves. I am not against buying handmade scarves, made by other people. At least I can appreciate the workmanship. One thing I found that I was really happy about was a xxsmall dog coat. The kind that is similar to a horse blanket. A strap across the chest and one under the belly. It is actually too small for Barney, who weighs in at 7.4 pounds. But, I can use it to make a pattern from, it wouldn't be a problem to make the pattern a few inches bigger all the way around. I already have found free patterns on the internet for the same thing, it was just nice to see one up close and personal. I think I am going to make a stab at selling clothing for small dogs. i have some great ideas in my head for little outfits. Or at least, I think they're great ideas. I think most of them would be sewn because, let's face it, people don't want to pay for a hand knit garment and i don't want to sell my work for nothing. it's not fair to me to work for peanuts on something as labor intensive as hand knitting a fitted sweater, even a tiny one.

No comments: