Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Gnome Home

You want to talk about a sinus pressure headache, well I felt like I got punched in the eye from first thing this morning onward. It makes for a long day at work. I did get to do a little crocheting and got most of a hat for The Boyfiend done. I had made it once already but it was slightly too big for his head. Hard to believe there could be a hat too big for that head. But anyhow, I had to frog the thing and start over.
The Two House Gnomes were fine when I got back from work. When I pull in the driveway, I can usually see Barney in the window, watching for me. He has a pretty good grasp of when I should be coming home. My schedule is on the fridge. Sometimes I see little scuff marks on the floor where Barney has pushed a chair over to stand on so he can read my schedule. He is a little near-sighted. I also believe he has an alarm clock set somewhere to wake him up minutes before I arrive home so he looks loyal and attentive.

See in the picture the look of innocence Barney tries for, but doesn't quite achieve? When I pull in the driveway, he starts running around the house, screaming like a little girly-man. Even Blossom, who is deaf, is alerted to my arrival by The Screaming Gnome. Sounds like a great name for a Seattle grunge band. We spent some time together, then I went to visit The Bro, as it's his last night in town. The spa helped my sinuses a little, just enough that I think I will be able to sleep tonight. I already got The Gnomes settled into the bed, so I better hurry and finish typing before they sprawl out and I have to sleep in the crack between the mattress and the wall.

No comments: