Wednesday, January 04, 2006

And The Winner Is...Orange!

I am still fighting this cold. It's not so bad anymore, but still really annoying. I got just enough of a hack that it's driving me nuts. Oh well, it'll just fade away soon, I hope.
I have been working on the beachball floppy hat. I got four out of six panels done. I have two each of red and white. I have two blue panels to crank out, then whip stitching the whole mess together. I can't wait to get it done with, but I also don't enjoy working on it, so it's a catch-22. I really should force myself to finish it up so it's out of my hair. I guess that is today's resolution is to finish it by this weekend, or better yet, by Friday, so it's not hanging over my head.
On to bigger and better things, I decided to do the scarf for my Mom in hairpin lace. It's something that I know how to do, but have never made a project using the technique. I finally decided what yarn to use. Surprise! It's an orangey pink kind of yarn from JoAnn's Sensation line of yarn. It's pretty like a sunset and very soft.

No comments: