Tuesday, December 13, 2005

O the weather outside is frightful

THE WINTER STORM WATCH IS NOW IN EFFECT FROM WEDNESDAY MORNING THROUGH THURSDAY AFTERNOON.
AS A STORM SYSTEM MOVES TOWARD WISCONSIN FROM THE PLAINS...SNOW WILL DEVELOP AGAIN BY LATE WEDNESDAY MORNING. THE SNOW...HEAVY AT TIMES...WILL LINGER THROUGH THURSDAY WITH THE POTENTIAL FOR STORM TOTAL ACCUMULATIONS OF MORE THAN 8 INCHES.

Yup, that pretty much sums things up for me. I have to work tomorrow afternoon. I wish it was a morning shift, but alas, it ain't so. I also have to work Thursday morning, I wouldn't want to miss a minute of horrendous winter driving.
Well, I started a kitty hat today, in crochet. It is that new Walmart brand yarn, No Boundaries, kind of a brown nubby texture to it.
I really like it and I think it will look fantastic when I am done. I wish I could be a little more freeform with my creations. I am pretty much just following various standard, normal patterns, nothing too wild or crazy, yet. But i got ideas, oh yes sir I do...I know that most of the people on the bus look forward to what kind of hat I am going to wear. for a lot of them, the bus ride is the high point of their day for socializing and visiting. If I can give them something to smile about, it's better then giving them a reason to frown.

No comments: