Friday, December 30, 2005

The Long Chilly Night

I am so glad this day is over. I had the chills all night long and got very little sleep. I had terrible body aches and felt awful. I did make it through a full day of work, luckily it was very slow paced.
I called my Mom and told her that it would be best if she didn't come for the New Year's weekend. I don't want her to catch whatever pestilence that myself and The Boyfiend have. He is sick also, but it turns out to be Bronchitis and a bad headcold. Either way, I don't want to run the chance of infecting my Mom with something like this.
During the conversation with my Mom, she mentioned that she would like a scarf made, so I am busy working on finding a pattern and what yarn to use. I have been surfing into CrochetPatternCentral and KnittingPatternCentral, looking for something promising. I kind of have an idea of what I want to make. I would like something with a flared pattern on the ends, like a fishes tail. I vaguely remember seeing something a while back that may fill the bill, but I think it was a neckwarmer, not a scarf. I will have to do a little more research and see if I can remember where I saw it.

No comments: