Saturday, December 17, 2005

A Hat For Grace


I finally got the hat for Grace done today. Grace is a person who rides the bus sometimes. She doesn't have a hat at all and has really admired mine. So, when she asked if I would make her a hat, it was hard to say no. I just chalk it up to charity work, as I intend to donate some hats to various organizations.
Anyhow, the hat is a bucket style hat, or kind of a floppy brimmed hat if that explains it better. I have the hat done, but still have to chain stitch a white and red stripe onto it as Grace requested. I started making the hat with the stripes as part of the pattern, but decided to add them later, so if she gets sick of the stripes and realizes that they don't match her coat , I can remove them easily.
Everyone really likes that hat of mine, today I had two different people approach me about the hat, asking if I made it and how. I think that I should make a few and try to sell them, but I don't know what to ask for them. I think the yarn would be about 5 bucks and then whatever my time is worth. I will have to sit down and make one and time how long it takes, then decide on a final price.
I was able to find some wool sweaters today at St. Vinnies, so I will be trying my hand at felting in the not-too-distant future. I really think that the bags will turn out nice and it will be fun to make them.
I would like to mention that at the writing of this, it's 7 degrees outside, with a windchill of 7 below. Brrrrr..

No comments: