Thursday, December 22, 2005

Four Days of Christmas

I am so glad to be done with work today! This starts the Four Days of Christmas for me, in other words I have the next four days off! Today was a terrible day for driving. I don't think I have seen such stupidity since The Forth of July. I was just glad for it to be over and still be in one piece. From work I got a small Christmas bonus in the form of a $25 gift card for groceries. I thought was was really super nice and very appreciated. I am making candied sweet potatoes and a pineapple cheese casserole for Christmas dinner.
I started to crochet a scarf about 5 different times and I just haven't found a look that I like. I would like to do a pattern that will stretch they yarn a bit, but I don't feel like doing my typical drop stitch knitted scarves. I know there is a way to do a drop stitch crocheting and I think CrochetMe! has a pattern. I will check later. I really need to crank out about three more scarves and two hats.
The Grace Hat is really getting on my nerves, I haven't figured out a way to make the hat out of wedges. I mean I understand the idea, but I haven't sat down to figure out a stitch count or pattern so it comes out right the first time. I also am going to make The Boyfiend another hat, he picked out a ball of yarn the other day, a sort of heather grey in chunky. I just have to choose the pattern, but I think this one will end up being knit.

No comments: