Friday, November 25, 2005

The Gauntlet Dilema

I do want to make a set of gauntlets, as I already said. The problem is, I also need something to cover my fingers from time to time. So, I think what I am going to do, is make them with an extra “thumb opening” near my wrist. That way, when I want some finger protection, I just pull on the gauntlet like I am going to take it off, and when it just covers my fingertips, there will be another opening for my thumb to slide through. I may or may not put another thumb on the side, I am not sure. I will make them without one first, then if it is a problem, I can always graft a thumb on. I just really want something to give my fingers some protection, but I don’t want the bulk of a flap mitten. I would have to make them a little longer then normal, so the gauntlet would still cover my wrist when it is covering my fingertips, but I think all in all, this will be a really simple project. I just have to decide if I want to use the crochet pattern I have picked out, or consider knitting them. Just another idea rolling around in my brain.

No comments: